Monday, September 5, 2011

Something Beautiful

In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be
But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out

Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your tide rushes over me
There's only one way to figure out
Will you let me drown, will you let me drown?

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees.
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

And the water is rising quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side.

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees.
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

In a daydream, I couldn't live like this.
I wouldn't stop until I found something beautiful.
When I wake up, I know I will have
No, I still won't have what I need.
Something Beautiful

Hey now this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
Cause I am down on my knees
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

I really have taken a liking to this song in the past 6 months. I feel I get something different from it every once in a while. Honestly, it is helping express exactly where I am at right now.

I have been back from Peru for almost 6 weeks (this Saturday) now. It is a struggle. During my 3 weeks in Peru I was changed. I found that God is real. He is ever present. As I said for the last have my trip, God is REAL. :) Because, I discovered he is.

Right now the very beginning of this song speaks to me. In your ocean I'm ankle deep. During the last night at the tree house (I will get to that blog post eventually) I wrote in my journal how I had dipped my toe in the water and wasn't turning back now. So right now I am sitting in SD ankle deep but thinking way to much into it all, trying to be perfect, flawless. But wait God uses broken and messy people!! I don't need to try to be perfect I just need to seek him in all I do.

That brings me to the next line. I feel the waves crashing on my feet. Because I do, I feel God giving me little glimpses of his love.

It's like I know where I need to be. I realize in his love is where I need to be. Completely living for him is where I need to be. But then I get stuck.

But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out. I really can't. I think I'm trying to hard. I know I am trying to hard. There comes a point when you have to step back and let God take the reins and that is NOT what I have been doing. As I am typing this it is occurring to me that I am living my life for HIM so why am I trying to control it all?! Things aren't always going to go my way because MY way isn't the same as HIS way!!!!

Just how much air I will need to breath. When your tide rushes over me. That is not my place to worry. He will prepare me for that. I just need to do what I can like worship and love!!

There's only one way to figure out. Will you let me drown? Will you let me drown? He WON'T LET ME DROWN! I will not go back. It just won't happen. God is leading the way. He knows where the path goes so I don't need to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment