Sunday, August 7, 2011

Boken and Messy?

Where to begin? How about the very beginning.

I went to Peru. On June 30th I left Sioux Falls for the first time on an airplane. I made my way over to Chicago and then down the Georgia. There in the airport I met up with 4 of my teammates and 1 of my leaders. With a packed bus and growing anticipation we headed off to Gainsville for 3 days of training camp. The first meal with my new family was a bit awkward for me at least. It was just 10 teenagers having just met trying to find something common to talk about, we settled on the phone call interview. 

That first night was rough. All I remember was letting God have it about how He left me in the dust. Threw me out to Georgia and into a 3 high bunk bed with bugs everywhere! In my journal I say how nothing that could happening during the day could ever surpass this horrible feeling. I remember writing that... It is truly how I did feel, not anymore though.

At the end of the first full day of training camp I caught a glimpse of God beginning to move even if I didn't know that is what it was. Our team of 13 (3 leaders and 10 ambassadors) had instantly meshed! We all were broken messy people. That took me by a major surprise as you can see by my past post I thought I was the utter mess. The best part is we all unraveled the messes as a team. This really doesn't do training camp any justice because there are SO many other things that took place but you will have to wait for the right time and place to hear that.

When leaving the airport in Atlanta on the way to Peru I was clueless about what my father had in store for me. I assumed what had just happened at trying camp was a change in it self and there was no way anything more could happen. But it did. He pulled through and changed me forever! You all are just going to have to wait for the continuation. :)

The Peru Crü! Only the beginning of the adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You are awesome. Thank you for honestly sharing how you were feeling at the beginning of your journey!

    ReplyDelete