Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Discovering the Tree House

That tree house... It brought out so much. It turned those deep dark places and exposed light. The seeds hidden were able to feed off that light and shoot out roots that are now growing, growing from the light of God and feeding off the water that I am dipping my toes into. They went from horrid to part of my story, my testimony. Beautiful.

The tree house became our home. That first day we all got there after a pray circle and a group photo, the work began. For the first time in my life I experienced "making camp". The rope was strung from above and we began tying mosquito nets to it how ever we could. Some of the Peru Cru members and I almost did some serious falling off of shoulders to get that accomplished but it came to be. (My mosquito net buddy and I never really understood our mosquito net until the second to last night we had to sleep in it. We cuddled every night for a good 3 weeks.)

The first day already we experienced the kids. Their faces and smiles and hearts were incredible!!! I have never been normal acting around kids, they just make me nervous and I become extremely awkward. So I attempted to get into it with playing some fĂștbol and pato pato gonzo. Then of course dehydration set in and I got a major migraine, which was alright I needed some down time!

That next day God began to shake me again.

"Rise up oh you sleeper awake, the light of the dawn is upon you. Rise up oh you sleeper awake, He makes all things new, all things new."

I was beginning to be new.

No comments:

Post a Comment